In 1992 Jaime Lara, a hard-working Hispanic father of four, took a giant leap of faith and set out to prove to the world he would be a successful ring gasket manufacturer. With no business plan and only the trust and loyalty of his early investors and Employees, Wolar would become the largest ring gasket manufacturer in the United States.
A lot has changed in the past 25 years. We have opened distribution warehouses in Canada and in Singapore. Our industries operate under tighter restrictions and our products have become commodities. We have learned to manufacture new products and how to innovate new ways of manufacturing and sourcing the products Wolar was founded on.
Through all these changes and as the second generation now leads the Company, the values embedded in the heart and roots of the organization have remained the same. As a family-owned business we feel a great sense of pride and responsibility to use our business as a way to change the world.
A high-performing culture running businesses in every industry, led by people who are highly accountable and highly satisfied.
Our Core Values
Our core values identify the specific qualities we care about most. These are the values every single team member must exhibit, and they are the foundation of our culture.
- Listens well, intead of reacting quickly, to better understand.
- Articulates in speech and writing.
- Questions actions inconsistent with our core values.
- Takes smart risks.
- Shows candor.
- Quick to admits mistakes.
- Treats others with respect, regardless of status or disagreement.
- Doesn't attack personally when disagreeing with others.
- Does what's best for Wolar, rather than what's best for yourself or your team.
- Takes time to help others.
- Challenges complacency.
- Focuses on results, not methods.
To leverage decades of experience in manufacturing ring gaskets and sealing components for the industrial and petrochemical industries, creating "win/win" scenarios with Employees, Suppliers, Customers and Stakeholders.